Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Blondies II

Photobucket

I am so into Blondies. Oh dear, this is not good. The bathroom scale is screaming, "Weight watch alert! Weight watch alert!" But did I take heed? Heck, let me finish up this load of Blondies first. Seriously, I need to distract myself from baking these real quick. Maybe it's just me, I find Blondies addictive. Maybe it's the taste/aroma of brown sugar. Or it could be the sugar high I get from these. Worse, blondies are so easy to bake!

I went on to experiment using white chocolate, using the previous recipe as a reference. It did yield a slighty chewy texture but I think I did not add enough of it. Well, the testers said they liked this version better. Me? I much prefer my first attempt as I did not have to melt the chocolate. The colour was more intense than my previous attempt even though I did not use any molasses this time. The mixture was slightly warmer as I did not wait for it to cool down before adding brown sugar. Perhaps this would explain why the colour was darker. My sis suggested using castor sugar instead, but that might affect the taste. Oopps.. does that give me an excuse to bake blondies again? Hiak~ Hiak~ Hiak~ Photobucket

Blondies
Ingredients
3 oz Butter
150g White Chocolate Couverture

*melt together using double boiler

1 Cup Brown Sugar, tighly packed
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence

2 Cup Plain Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/8 Tsp Baking Soda

*Sift together

2 egg, lightly beaten
60g Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (I used Hershey's)

Method
1) Grease a 10" x 10" pan.

2) In a bowl, whisk the melted butter and chocolate with sugar. Add salt and vanilla essence.

3) Add in flour mixture and stir well. Leave the mixture to cool down a little before adding the eggs and chocolate chip. Fold till incorporated.

4) Pour the batter in the prepared pan and use a spatuala to spread out evenly. Bake at 170 degree C. for 20 minutes or till the skewer comes out clean. Cut and serve when completely cooled.

*Note : This tme round, eggs were added last so as not to cook them when the butter and chocolate mixture is still hot.

Do give me a feedback if you have attempted to bake these. じゃね~

No comments: